US Soccer Grassroots NEW Referee Training information:
- Go to https://Learning.USsoccer.com/referee
- To create a profile, click on SIGN UP, complete form, and submit.
- Under License Pathway click on Grassroots – First Time Referees, then click on Go to Course List on the right and follow the registration and payment. Local classes include: Libertyville on February 23rd or Schaumburg on March 7th.
- Click on COURSE DETAILS to register.
- Once registered, click on “COURSES” at top, then ‘MY COURSES”, then “GO TO CLASSROOM” and click on the “ASSIGNMENTS” tab to complete online requirements 1 week before the class.
2020 Referee Registration Additional Resources ISRC has published some new YouTube videos describing the registration process. If you are still having trouble with registration, we hope they can guide you through the process. Thank you for your patience as we all work through the 2020 registration. Please do not delay! Some leagues are starting next week, and we do not want you to miss any games.
Individual video links are:
Step 1 - Profile https://youtu.be/9VQ-jRTmayo
Step 2 – Background Screening https://youtu.be/Fxw0lFtYLRE
Step 3 – Recertifying Refs: Chicagoland & N. Illinois https://youtu.be/r9EmOPrJ7BE
Step 3A – Recertifying Downstate Refs https://youtu.be/tAphIqQWMaA
Reminder for Recertifying Grassroots Referees in Chicagoland and Northern Illinois, this is your Learning Center Course:
Written instructions can he found here and here.
We look forward to seeing you for the 2020 season!
Steps to become an employee (Celtic referee) with the Palatine Park District:
Link for the park district online employment application (type in the search soccer referee):
After you fill out the online application, you will need to go into the Community Center and on the 2nd floor, to the left of the stairs, is a small window. From there, you ask for the employment packet to become a Celtic soccer referee. In that packet, it gives you the info on how to get a work permit from D15 or the HS you attend and then you fill out that paperwork and turn it back in to the same window on the 2nd floor.
After the submission of paperwork, please contact Carsten Gruettner at firstname.lastname@example.org to alert him of your desire and application to become a referee.